Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hands-Free @ the Nut Tree


As you know, I'm a news/feature reporter so I get to see and a do some pretty fun stuff! Today was no exception! I got to go to the Nut Tree in Vacaville and ride the bumper cars! I love my job!
To celebrate the new hands-free cell phone law in California, the Nut Tree Theme Park is offering free rides on the bumper cars through the Fourth of July weekend. All you have to do is show your hands free device! This morning, I tested out some very cool Bluetooth Oakley sunglasses!
Being at the park sure did bring back a lot of memories. The Nut Tree was one of my favorite places to go as a child. It is a legendary road stop off I-80... about 30 minutes west of Sacramento. My family used to go all the time! I remember it being a big, fun playground! And, for some reason when I think of the Nut Tree the color orange sticks out in my head! Of course, I can't tell you the last time I last visited the park so I had no idea what to expect. It has changed so much! The park went through a major facelift about two years ago. It's a new park, but it brought back a lot of great old memories!

Just wonderin'...Where did you like to go as a child?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow.. the Nut Tree.. .it's been years since I've been there. Within Sacramento, one of my favorite places to go has always been William Land Park (Fairytale Town, Funderland & the Sac Zoo)... Outside of Sacramento, I've always LOVED to go to the Exploratorium in SF.

USelaine said...

We moved to Sacramento when I was almost ten, and the area Girl Scout Council had a summer camp near Arnold (!) called Camp Menzies that was great fun. A few years after that, I started going to shows at the Music Circus with various groups. I even got to see Marlene Dietrich there!