Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Painted Ladies



What a beautiful Paint! This morning I hung out with the Painted Ladies Rodeo Performers--a group of 15 gutsy women who ride Paint horses. They're amazing! They're more than just an equestrian team. They do trick riding and drill team routines! They're based in Sacramento, but this weekend they're in Folsom for the big Folsom Pro Rodeo. This rodeo has been the 4th of July weekend highlight for the last 48 years! This morning, they even got me up on a horse!

Just wonderin'...are you a fan of the rodeo?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice horse, I heard that you can teach them tricks, sounds fun. Never been to a rodeo, would but love to go. I may visit Folsom someday, maybe you can take me to a rodeo?

Your blog is a great addition to the CDPB community!

Anonymous said...

Rodeo? I used to be a cowboy in Show Low, Arizona in 1952. Never went to a rodeo. Always rode fence or chased trucks killing cows.

Nice photo.