Sunday, July 27, 2008

Church on Sunday


Church. For many it is a Sunday tradition. Some go early, some go late, others go with family members, and some prefer to go alone. Whatever the case may be I think we can all agree Sacramento has one of the most beautiful places of prayer...the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament.
The cathedral is both a religious and civic landmark in the heart of downtown Sacramento. It's about a block away from the Capitol, the convention center and even the mall. The cathedral has also been through some major renovations...it was closed for several years.
The cathedral brings back a lot of memories for my family and me. My grandmother is here every Sunday morning...two of my cousins assist with the mass. Years ago, some of my relatives were married here. My high school graduation ceremony was held here. Earlier this year, this is where we baptized my goddaughter.
I'm sure many families have shared memories here too.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Funny story...my daughter attended Holy Cross School in Bryte. Bishop Francis Quinn was the speaker at her 8th grade graduation. When he presented her with almost every scholastic award and finally the religion award he stated with much aplomb..."and now it is with much humility that I present the Religion Award to our only Lutheran student..Debbie Norton".

Eileen and Vincent said...

Love this photo. I just came across your blog by accident when clicking next blog! I'm impressed, you have great photos and a great eye. We were just in Sac last weekend. Were considering the "move" but looking at Boise. Your blog is making me think of Sac. Great blog keep it up! God bless from fellow Catholics!