Monday, July 7, 2008

Photo Blog Road Trip


This morning, I hit the streets for snapshots of Sacramento! I asked our loyal Good Day Sacramento viewers for suggestions. They responded with a number of great ideas… including Apple Hill, Sutter’s Fort, the caves in Calaveras County, the IMAX Theater, the Tower Bridge… and of course Old Sacramento! So that is where we begin! (You’ll be seeing the other ideas in the days to come.)

Sandwiched between the Sacramento River and downtown Sacramento is Old Sacramento—a National Historic Landmark. On the river, you’ll find the historic Delta King…a floating riverboat that serves as a hotel, restaurant and theater!

The Delta King is just one of the dozens of attractions…from restaurants to the Railroad and Military Museums, art galleries to horse drawn carriages--Old Sac is a popular destination spot. It attracts more than 5 million visitors a year! Locals have voted it best place for a first date! (I have to agree!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! You took a picture of just about where my hubby proposed to me!!! Ahhhh.. that was 11 years ago now.. ok, stopping before i really age myself.. :)

Sheila said...

My husband & I celebrated his birthday a few years ago there. The dinner theater was Fab!!

Sheila said...

My husband & I celebrated his Birthday there. The dinner theater was Fab!