Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Auburn

I was in Auburn this week...about half an hour northeast of Sacramento. On our way to do our segment for the show, we passed by this...the Sisters of Mercy. This is where many of the Sisters live...it's a beautiful piece of property...hidden in the foothills.
I show you this picture because this is where I used to come for piano lessons! I was about 10...I remember my mom or dad would drive me up to Auburn every Saturday morning for my lesson with one of the Sisters. I even had a recital here. After my lessons, I remember we used to stop at the Maidu Market around the corner for a soda or sandwich. They have the best deli sandwichs! Oh the memories! If only I could still play piano!
Both my parents worked for the Sisters of Mercy, some of the employee picnics/retreats were held here too.

No comments: