Sunday, June 22, 2008

Concerts In the Park



What a way to kick start the weekend! Cesar Chavez Park--in the heart of downtown-- is a summer hotspot thanks to the Friday concert series! My friends and I decided to check it out...it was fun, but HOT! We hung out and enjoyed music from local bands... The Helper Monkeys, Hot Pistol, Prieta, and Aroarah.
It is quite the scene...featuring local artists, good food, the famous beer garden... best of all---it's FREE! One piece of advice for you--get there early! It gets pretty crowded!


2 comments:

Jim Klenke said...

Looks crowded but relaxed and I bet fun. I lived for a year in Sacramento, I think Rancho Cordova really. That was so long ago. Welcome to CDP.

USelaine said...

Yes, welcome! I'm looking forward to your posts, because I lived in Sacramento from 1970 to 1995 (away for college, etc. but you get the idea). I graduated from Encina in 1977.

Have fun with the blog - I think the hardest part starting out is just pacing yourself when you know there's so much to show.