Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tower Bridge

This bridge sits across the Sacramento River...connecting Sacramento and West Sacramento. It's also a vertical lift bridge--you don't want to be in hurry when that happens!
Tower Bridge wasn't always this color--oh no! This is it's third paint job. It used to be silver, then yellow...that faded...6 years ago it was repainted gold .
I see this bridge every morning as I drive along Interstate 80, on my way to work. Of course, that's about o'dark 30... so instead of this view, I see the Tower Bridge all lit up--it looks great! I'll have to get that shot for ya one day....until then enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jul,

Check out this site, it has a lot of history of the Tower Bridge and I Street Bridge, just to name a couple.

Cool picture...this has to be one of the most photographed Sacramento landmarks.